Sunday 1 January 2012

Welcome To One And All Who Are Film-Buffs!

Hi there and welcome to my official 'Film 2012' blog with me your host Gabe Boyle. First of all may I say a very Happy New Year to all of you and with 2011 behind us, it's all about what 2012 is gonna bring us particularly with movies. But before we get to any of that please allow me to introduce myself to all those who are new to my blog. My name is Gabe Boyle and I happen to be the biggest film buff of all time, I think anyway. Ever since I was little I remember going to the cinema for the very first time to see "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" (it was a re-release at the time). And I remember just being dazzled by the whole cinema experience with that film and being scared out of my wit when I saw the witch. The second film I saw in the cinema which I don't think I will ever forget was when my mum took me to see "Jurassic Park" which was one of the greatest experiences of my life, I like all of you who saw that film was just blown away by how groundbreaking it was, and I even remember hiding under the seat when the T-Rex came on or those terrifying Velociraptors. But one movie which I will never forget seeing for the first time and just being so blown away and stunned was one of the first films I ever watched on VHS, and it was "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope". Just watching gave me chills, I remember getting so excited by the world and the characters and all those iconic moments and wanting to play with a Lightsabre and be like Luke Skywalker or Han Solo, it was just so incredible and to this day "Star Wars" remains as my favourite film of all-time. And since then I just loved movies and I wanted to see more and more of them. And thanks to my sister who got me a film journal to do reviews in, I became my own film critic and I reviewed so many films, many great and some not-so great. And for this year, the year of the 2012 olympics, I cannot wait for the movies that are coming our way. Like "The Avengers", "The Dark Knight Rises" and the movie all of us have been looking forward to; "The Hobbit." Cannot wait for that. So that's pretty much all you need to know, is that I will be bringing everything you want to know about the movies of 2012, which to see and which not see, who's gonna get an oscar and who won't, and have so much fun along the way. So prepare yourselves movie fans and get ready for the movies of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment