Sunday 22 January 2012

Top 20 Favourite Movie Fight Scenes:

To celebrate the release of "Haywire", which as I said is filled with amazing fight sequences, I'm very excited and pleased to give you guys my top 20 favourite fight scenes that I've seen in movies and tell you why they are.




1. The Subway Fight from "The Matrix" (1999):
This is by far my favourite fight scene ever in a movie and from my favourite action movie ever. The way this scene is shot up is beautiful and exciting and in my honest opinion this is how you do a final fight scene between the hero and the villain, Agent Smith played here by the great Hugo Weaving. This is the best fight scene ever in a movie I think, the final showdown between Neo and Smith.




2. Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader from "Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back" (1980):
Obviously I couldn't not have this the most amazing and iconic fight scene ever in movie history from one of the greatest film sagas of all time, from my favourite sequel of all time and that ends with one of the most shocking lines ever in movie history. May the force be with you for this one.



3. The Skeleton Fight from "Jason and the Argonauts" (1963):
This is just extraordinary and one of the greatest pieces of special effects that has ever been made by the great and legendary maestro Ray Harryhausen. Can you believe it, no computers back then only stop-motion animation and they were able to make the actors fight with these make-beleive and very scary skeletons and just make it look as real as anything, I have no idea how they did this, it's just a beautiful piece of work.



4. The Bride vs The Crazy 88's from "Kill Bill: Volume 1" (2003):
This fight scene is just incredible to watch and so in a way beautifully violent. I'm not really if I'm being honest a huge fan of Quentin Tarantino or the "Kill Bill" films but this scene really just shows how powerful a woman like Uma Thurman can be and the violence in it just... it's like... whatever it's crazy man! And when the music kicks in that brilliant iconic theme music, you know that shit is about to go down. Warning: This scene contains graphic violence and no one under 18 should watch it.



5. Final Fight Scene from "Dragons Forever" (1988):
Now again as I was thinking up this list, I knew I couldn't leave out a movie fight scene from martial arts legend Jackie Chan. I was deciding on which scene I should choose and I decided to go with this one because it really is just crazy and extraordinary to watch, sorry to keep using that word. But I mean the stunts and the way the scene is done is so funny and exciting to watch I mean literally what an Ass-kicker! Nobody does it like Jackie Chan and his stunt team.



6. Jason Bourne vs Desh from "The Bourne Ultimatum" (2007):
Also I knew I had to put in a fight scene from the Jason Bourne films on my list, and out of all the ones to choose I thought this was the best fight scene, the way it builds up you have Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) jumping from house to house through windows and then he crashes though one with glass and fights the bad guy, by using a book in one stage, to choke the dude! This one I thought was the best "Bourne" film and the best fight scene from the trilogy.





7. Kong vs The T-Rexes from "King Kong" (2005):
Obviously the original fight scene from the classic 1939 "King Kong" is one of the greatest fight scenes ever made, but the one here for Peter Jackson's remake was incredible to watch because all though it was a little over the top because he fought three instead of one, the effects that Weta Digital had done I mean no wonder they won an Oscar for this. Also what I loved about this scene is that they are tributes to the original when Kong breaks the T-Rex's jaw and beats his chest in victory, and also I really felt like Kong was a hero and an animal with a big heart protecting Ann Darrow. Sorry by the way that this scene was broken into two parts. And that the middle is missing.



8. The First Night Fight from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (2000):
This fight scene from Ang Lee's masterpiece "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", when I first saw this as a teenager I was so blown away and it's my favourite fight scene from the whole film.



9. Dom vs Hobbs from "Fast and Furious 5" (2011):
I gotta say when you have two big action stars like Vin Diesel and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson going at it, you can't help but get excited about it. And while I haven't seen "Fast and Furious 5", I saw this scene from the internet and was blown away by how brutal it was.



10. The First Battle from "300" (2006):
I'm such a huge fan of this movie and the first battle scene I thought was stunning as the moment where King Leonidas fight a few Persians on his own was like a beautiful ballet dance but violent at the same time. And forgive for saying but I've got to when I say; "THESE ARE SPARTANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Wait no that's not right. Oh never mind.


11. The Final Fight from "The Karate Kid: Part 2" (1986):
This is from the final scene from "The Karate Kid: Part 2" where Daniel LaRusso fights the evil Chozen in order to prove that he is the strongest fighter, from how big his heart is. This scene is awesome to watch as I felt it was really a scene where the main character is fighting for something, rather than for himself.



12. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker & Yoda vs Count Dooku from "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" (2002):
Okay this is from the prequel trilogy but if I'm being honest this one of the best fights from the prequels, starts off with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker fighting Count Dooku (played by the legend that is Christopher Lee) and then later one of the greatest movie mentors Yoda, for the first time digital the "Star Wars" saga, fights Dooku and shows that Yoda, when he has his lightsaber is just ruthless!



13. T-800 vs T-1000 from "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" (1991):
This sequence is just brilliant from my favourite "Terminator" movie" the final showdown between the heroic T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger's character) and the ruthless T-1000 played by the brilliant Robert Patrick. The effects in this film were mind-blowing and this scene was great to watch, unfortunately I couldn't get the final bit where Arnie destroys the T-1000. But if you've seen the film you know what happens, if you haven't, watch the film to find out.



14. Tyler Durden vs Jack the Narrator from "Fight Club" (1999):
When you do a list of your favourite fight scenes from movies you have to have one from "Fight Club". This is a brilliant fight scene, actually the end fight in the movie between our protagonist Jack (played by Edward Norton) and the antagonist Tyler Durden (played by that dude.... oh what's his name the guy whose married to that actress named Angelina something.... : /).




15. The Train Fight from "Spider-Man 2" (2004):
This sequence from one of the best sequel made to a great movie like Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" is an excellent fight scene between Spidey and my favourite spidey villain Doc Ock (Doctor Octopus) who was played by the great Alfred Molina. Here they are duking it out on a train.



16. Prince Phillip vs Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty" (1959):
Yes we have a Disney movie on the list and this is literally my favourite fight between the her and the villain I just remembered being excited by this scene when I was a kid, having a prince fighting a witch who turns into a dragon, I mean who doesn't love that?



17. Optimus Prime vs Bonecrusher & Jazz, Ironhide and Ratchet vs Brawl from "Transformers" (2007):
Yes I have "Transformers" on the list, only the first one. I thought these fight scenes were so awesome to watch and the way Optimus kills Bonecrusher with his flame sword is a wicked way to kill a villian, also you've got a little snippet of the big final battle in the movie. So it's two fight scenes put together, sorry about the quality by the way.



18. T-Rex vs Spinosaurus from "Jurassic Park III" (2001):
Gotta have a dinosaur clash on your list right? And this is from the third "Jurassic Park", not the best one in my opinion but to see the iconic T-Rex going head to toe with this big bad Spinosaurus was pretty awesome.



19. Freddy Krueger vs Jason Voorhees from "Freddy vs Jason" (2003):
Yes I have this on my list, only because it's two horror icons going at it and it's pretty gruesome to watch but quite good fun at the same time.



20. The Dojo Fight from "The Matrix" (1999):
This scene from again from my favourite action film is one of the best raining sequences between master and student, Morpheus (the master) and Neo (the student).

No comments:

Post a Comment