Sunday 1 January 2012

Top 10 Favourite Films of 2011:

Before we get the ball rolling on the movies of 2012, let's take a look back at my top favourite films of 2011 and show you how passionate I am about films with these reviews;

1. Warrior- Dir: Gavin O'Connor- 5/5




"Warrior" I thought was the best film of 2011. An incredible story about two a strayed brothers played brilliantly by Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton who are both fighting for their own causes and their post alcoholic father played just beautifully, I mean I hope he gets the oscar for best supporting actor, by Nick Nolte, tries to work things out between him and his sons. It was truly just an incredible film about redemption, love, honesty and the courage to fight for something that's worth something. In my opinion a masterpiece. Please on behalf of me watch it.

2. Midnight in Paris- Dir: Woody Allen- 5/5




Woody Allen's latest film "Midnight in Paris" about a writer played by Owen Wilson inspired by the city of love getting more then he bargained for, is none other than charming, delightful and magical. How I won't say but I will advise you to see the film and just be so surprised by it as I was. The trailer above doesn't give anything away, the film however is something else. I think it is just pure gold the way it's written, if you're a fan of Woody Allen then watch it if not, then please just see it anyway because it is so gorgeous the whole thing.

3. The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn-
Dir: Steven Spielberg- 4/5




Clearly the best animated film of 2011. Being a fan of Tintin myself, the film was just absolutely perfect directed by none other then Mr. Spielberg himself who brought back the wonderful feel of adventure from the original "Indiana Jones" trilogy. The performances especially from Andy 'Gollum himself' Serkis as Captain Haddock were brilliant. The whole thing is stunning and so captures the look of the books. Whether you see it or have seen it in 3D or not, it's still an incredible ride with fantastic characters.

4. Rise of the Planet of the Apes- Dir: Rupert Wyatt- 5/5




I was so blown away watching this incredible prequel to the "Planet of the Apes" film franchise; "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Andy Serkis who plays Caesar the main chimpanzee in the film was just extraordinary to watch and the whole film was just engaging, I'm routing for this to win the oscar for best visual effects, cause the effects were something so out of this world amazing. The story too is fantastic I mean literally it is in my opinion a modern, visual masterpiece.

5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2- Dir: David Yates- 5/5




Obviously I couldn't do a top ten favourite film list of 2011 without "Harry Potter", but seriously I think that this final film of the series was by far the best one. Everyone in it gave it their all, the final battle sequence was just stunning and it really did feel like it was the end, and I'm sad to even say it and think about it. The "Harry Potter" films have been such an important part of my life and this was just a fantastic film that ends this magnificent film series.

6. The Inbetweeners Movie- Dir: Ben Palmer- 4/5




I am as well a massive 'Inbetweeners' fan and the film in no way disappointed me. Just seeing the four main guys on the big screen just made me so happy even though it was probably the last time we would all see them. Keep in mind the trailer above is quite explicit so no one underage watch it okay. But anyway the film in my opinion is the best British comedy of 2011.

7. Kung-Fu Panda 2- Dir: Jennifer Yu- 5/5




Aside from "Tintin", the second best animated film of 2011 in my opinion. Just an absolute brilliant sequel to "Kung-Fu Panda", the story excellent, the animation stunning and I'm very proud to say the first 3D film that made me cry. And Jack Black is just so awesome as his characters says constantly as Po the panda once again.

8. Thor- Dir: Kenneth Brannagh- 4/5




I'm very pleased to have "Thor" in my top ten instead of "Captain America" (even though I loved that movie as well) because it was just so much fun and I thought Ken Brannagh did such a brilliant job making it funny and charming plus it got me so excited about "The Avengers" which comes out later this year and we will see Thor in that along with Iron Man, Captain America and the Hulk.

9. Source Code- Dir: Duncan Jones- 4/5




"Source Code" was just superb everything about it was so well done. The acting, the story, suspenseful, exciting and Duncan Jones who also directed a fantastic film called "Moon" is I think one of the best directors there is.

10. Sucker Punch- Dir: Zack Snyder- 4/5




Okay now I know that "Sucker Punch" got panned by critics but honestly I thought it was an excellent film. I understood the whole thing it was just beautiful to watch, music, acting, design everything. I don't care what anyone says I loved this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment