Friday 10 February 2012

Review: The Muppets



It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights, it's time to meet the Muppets as they are back on the big screen after their last cinema appearance 11 years ago. In this new adventure written by and starring "How I Met Your Mother" star Jason Segal, the Muppets meet their biggest fan, new Muppet Walter, who after hearing from the evil Tex Richman, played by Chris Cooper, that the old Muppet theatre is being torn down, Walter along with his human brother Gary (Segal) and Gary's girlfriend Mary, played by Amy Adams, go to get Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Swedish Chief, Animal, Scooter, god I could go on there's so many of them, anyway they go to get them back together after they've been apart for a long time, to perform a show to save their old theatre. The movie is just gorgeous, a wonderful sense of nostalgia is felt throughout it and just seeing these characters that I've loved since I was a kid, was just pure gold it really was. Great songs, acting, very funny, surprise celebrity cameos and I think you may cry a little bit... I certainly nearly did. Thank god for Jason Segal who wrote the movie and brought the Muppets back on the big screen, I am very proud to give "The Muppets";

4/5-Excellent


Manah, Manah!


No comments:

Post a Comment